Spring Cleaning before Moving
SPRING HAS SPRUNG!
Whether your relocating or your stuck in your house right now because of COVID 19 its a great time to Get cleaning.
Planning a move can be stressful. Sorting, decluttering, packing and labelling, cleaning and all the planning that comes with it can feel overwhelming.
Here are some spring moving tips to help prepare you for your move. 1. Sort and Downsize Get rid of items you won’t be using, or haven't used in a long time. Donate and hire a junk removal company to get rid of unwanted good. There is no point in you taking these items to your new home.
2. Prepare and Clean Items Your packing Thourally clean all items before packing them. You do not want to bring dusty or dirty items into your new clean home. Wipe them down, and carefully pack them.
Packing your items room by room helps to make the process much more organized. Be sure to label your boxes by room and rough idea of contents inside so you know what boxes to unpack first and where they go.
4. Get your Cleaning Supplies Keep the cleaning supplies out and unpacked.
Some cleaning supplies you may need: disinfectant such as bleach, powdered tide, glass cleaners, baking soda, white vinegar, cloths, scrubbing brushes, mop, vacuum, broom and dustpan, and bucket.
5. Clean Room by Room Tackle cleaning one room at a time. working on one thing at at time will make it less overwhelming and make sure your home is getting a good deep clean. Dust, wash, and polish surfaces, windows, cabinets, etc. Don't forget light fixtures, Storage Rooms, and the Garage.
Double check all rooms are cleaned and all items are packed and ready for your movers.
6. Do the Floors Last Floors should be the last step of each room.
7. Get Help for You Move from the Pros Now is a great time to relocate.
Make sure to book your move in advance. If you’re looking for a professional moving company to help you with your move, check out my preferred partners page.